For PC with Windows operating system, two versions are available:
- Complete package: Download Newron for PC
- Complete package containing all game modules.
- Version: 2.0, size: 213MB, released 07. 03. 2016
- Guided Social Interaction module: Download Guided Socail Interaction module
- Simplified version containing only guided social interaction module.
- Version: 2.0, TBA.
The NEWRON software is meant to be used with the motion sensor Microsoft Kinect, it can be however used with limited degree only with mouse and keyboard.
- Download selected version. Some internet browsers can detect the file as security risk. That is not the case with NEWRON, so you can download it without any worries.
- Install Kinect for Windows SDK (see bellow the Kinect SDK installation section).
- Start the NEWRON installer and follow its instructions. In order to be able to install, administrator rights are necessary, so if a window asking about it appears, pick ‘Yes’. The same can be for some antivirus software.
- When the installation finishes, connect the Kinect sensor. Please avoid using USB hub, connect the sensor directly to computer.
- Start the NEWRON software by double click the icon that appeared in desktop (if not disabled in the installer).
Minimal system requirements
- Microsoft Kinect for Windows sensor. Newron supports following sensor types:
- Kinect for Windows
- Kinect for Windows v2
- Kinect for Xbox One
- CPU: Dual-core 2.66 GHz or newer,
- RAM: at least 2 GB,
- graphics card with DirectX 9.0 suppor.
- USB 3.0 sensor type “Kinect for Windows v2” or “Kinect for Xbox One”
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 or newer. Windows 8 or newer in case of using sensor type “Kinect for Windows v2” or “Kinect for Xbox One”.
- To control the application using the Kinect sensor, correct SDK version installed is required (see following paragraph).
- The software can be started even without Kinect sensor connected, however mouse and keyboard controls is meant mainly for testing purposes.
Kinect software installation
- Check, wheter the Kinect sensor not connected to PC.
- Double click the appropriate installer of the Kinect SDK.
- If using Kinect for Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40278
- If using Kinect for Xbox One or Kinect for Windows v2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44561
- Follow instructions of the installer.
- When the installation is finished, connect the Kinect sensor using the USB plug to the PC. Also plug the power supply connector.
- If using sensor Kinect for Xbox One or Kinect for Windows v2, USB 3.0 is required to use.